April 9, 2019 by Mel
Wow, time has certainly flown by and I realise I haven’t done anything on the blog for ……. well, a long, long time. Actually, I haven’t done a Brush Strokes post since last year. I guess I have a lot of catching up to do !!! Ok, so my plan going forward is to do a post each week updating what I have been painting / building over the last week and what I plan to do for the week to come. Firstly, it shows I do actually have a plan but also holds me accountable to that plan (Well, sort of…. plans can change :-))
However, for this post I guess I have a bit to catch you all up on. So what has been happening ? Well, I guess you saw the Christmas game posts that Lee put up (and yes, I really did give the Paddington Bear stare !!). That took quite some doing but was definitely worth the work. I really enjoyed working on the boats for the Blood and Plunder game, and working with Lee on the Mesa for the WWX game. A personal challenge though was to work out how to paint an aged effect onto the WWX buildings to show them as weathered and battered. The paint techniques I used on these came out really well and I will do a post later this week to show how I did it.
But to update you on this year so far…..
During last year, we had a bit of a clear out of a lot of older GW figures. This meant that most of Jamie’s Ultramarines went and I promised him I would start painting his new force. He had the new Marneus Calger and bodyguard set and so I set to work painting those. I absolutely loved these. It was great having the chance to use the techniques on the Power Swords and on the face that I had learned in the Siege Studios EMC course last year.
Once I had done these, Lee threw in the last minutes AWI game and so I needed to come up with a large unit of AWI Americans.
Well I don’t have any photos yet of February’s figure work as I’m saving those until I finish the BIG project. All I’ll say is it feels like there’s ‘thousands of ’em’ !!! I did however also get a few terrain pieces painted up.
March continues with ‘thousands of ’em’. Amongst that I managed to paint up another unit of Jamie’s Ultramarines.
April Week 1
Well, the ‘thousands of ’em’ continues, will it ever end 😦 !!!
And so that’s brings us up to today. So for this week, I intend to finish the current unit of the BIG project and then onto more Ultramarines. Lee has received his Kickstarter of Mortal Gods and so I may have a look at building some of those, getting them prepped for painting. I’ll update you how I got on this time next week………….
If you’ve enjoyed this post then let us know what you think in the comments box below.
Please feel free to Like, Share and Follow us as we continue our journey in this hobby…….thanks again.