May 23, 2017 by Lee
So if you have been living under a rock in the past few months then you would probably have missed all the rumours of the new Warhammer 40k 8th Edition.
Just today The Warhammer Community page has released the date for the pre order of the new box set, rulebook, as well as gaming aids and army books. The pre order date is the 3rd June with the release date being 17th June.
Box Set and contents –
Warhammer 40000: Dark Imperium is the stunning 2 player box set for 8th Warhammer 40,000. Including a huge amount of miniatures and accessories, it allows you to;
- Collect: Two brand new armies both Death Guard & Primaris Space Marines
- Build: 53 Stunning, single-pose multi-part plastic Citadel miniatures.
- Paint: No Chapter icons on the miniatures so you get to choose whichever Space Marine Chapter you want to collect.
- Play: Everything you need to play Warhammer 40,000 is included in the box.
This box set Contains:
- 53 brand-new multi-part plastic Citadel Miniatures
- 1 280 page hardback 40k Book
- 1 24 page Death Guard Book
- 1 24 page Primaris Book
- 1 8 page Core Rules Booklet
- 1 Colour assembly guide for all the miniatures
- 12 red D6 dice
- 1 12″ range ruler
- 1 Decal sheet for the Primaris Space Marines – including iconography for
- Blood Angles
- Dark Angels
- Space Wolves
Below is some pictures of the new box and miniatures
Pimaris Space Marines
Also on pre order will be the gaming aids
After reading the recent rules chat on the Warhammer Community page and now seeing whats coming out has got us all pretty hyped. Jamie and I are already talking about what miniatures we want from the box, we may have to get a box each as we both want all the miniatures. Looking at the pictures of the new miniatures they seem to fit nicely into the quality of design which we have all come accustomed to from Games Workshop.
For more information on the rule changes and product releases then click on the link to the Warhammer Community page and join in on all the hype and excitement as we are doing. https://www.warhammer-community.com/
If you have liked what you have seen and want to join us on our journey as we discover the new 8th Edition then please Comment, click the Like button and also stay with us by clicking the Follow button.
As this post goes up we are planning to put together 2 armies, Ultramarines and Orks to go to Warhammer World in July to battle with the new rules. So don’t miss out on how we get on with that.